Understanding Injection Molding of Thermoplastics
Taught in English by Professor Vito Leo, the BIMS-SEMINARS srl.
The seminar has been upgraded. Many people will find it useful to attend a second time.
The seminar focuses on the complex phenomena behind the Injection Molding process with a strong emphasis on the understanding of parts’ problems (aspect, shrinkage, war-page, weld lines, burns, etc.) and their relationship with material properties (amorphous, semi-crystalline, filled, unfilled) and the process itself.
- basic polymer thermal and rheological behaviour
- effect of pressure on polymer properties
- the flow process in Injection Molding
- part geometry and flow pattern
- compressibility, phase change and PVT data
- what is crystallinity and how does it affect processing?
- the packing phase: key to the dimensional quality of the part
- effective part, mould and process design for proper cavity packing
- understanding the shrinkage build-up
- part warpage mechanisms: designing for minimum warpage, according to material properties and part shape
- warpage: the special case of fibre filled materials.
- the concept of residual stresses: the compromise with warpage
- final conclusions and wrap-up – seminar evaluation by the participants
The seminar is not specifically about Injection Molding Simulation. However, the intention is to clearly help those among the participants who are “Flow Analysis users” to gain a thorough understanding of the concepts that form the basis of the existing code. Model assumptions and corresponding limitations will be highlighted and discussed.
The seminar is highly interactive with limited attendance, allowing for questions, group discussion and an analysis of the attendants’ problems. Parts or drawings are welcome for open discussion, when possible.
The first part of the seminar will quickly describe the process cycle for the purpose of setting up a common vocabulary.
Why would you want to attend the seminar?
- the course is highly interactive
- attendance is limited, allowing for questions, group discussions and analysis of attendant problems
- parts drawings are welcome for open discussion when possible
- a thorough introduction to the aspects of the polymer injection molding process in only two days
- the seminar provides an opportunity to expand your professional network
- Dr. Vito Leo has more than 30 years of experience in Polymer Processing and is known as an excellent teacher
Participants’ profile could be:
- design engineers in charge of molded parts
- mold making specialists
- flow analysts looking for analysis interpretation support
- project leaders involved in developing molded parts
- research engineers interested in injection molding
- mechanical engineers interested in process induced weakness and strength
- material engineers or designers wishing to improve their understanding of a given class of materials (i.e. glass fiber filled polymers).
- students involved in the field
- young, skilled professionals with little field experience
- flow analysis developers
- customer support engineers
The seminar may not fit the needs of beginners in the field.
Som medlem af Dansk Materiale Netværk opnår du rabat og kan deltage til medlemspris.
Ved at afgive dine personlige oplysninger til arrangementet accepterer du at modtage nyhedsbreve fra Dansk Materiale Netværk, og at dit navn og din virksomhed kommer på arrangementets deltagerliste, som er synlig for dette arrangements deltagere. Læs mere om, hvad vi bruger dine oplysninger til: Datapolitik >